Ready for a 5 minute wonder?
I whipped this up really quick on one of those days that hubby was in hyper-productive mode around the house. Constantly moving doing yard work outside, back into the house to grab a cold drink, back outside, then back inside grabbing a handful of whatever snack he can find in the cupboards. On these types of afternoons, there is no time for sitting down for lunch. Because if he does, all momentum is forever lost.
Not only that, but these are good times for Oakley to “help” him in the yard. Because anyone who has a cattle dog knows what’ll happen if they have to come up with their own jobs to do. Amiright?
So I brought out one of my back pocket recipes from the 90’s and made him this quick dip. With just 4 ingredients, it is so quick that I was only able to take a quick shot of it before it was all gone.
- Use as much of each ingredient to form a single layer in the dish you plan to serve it in.
- Cream cheese
- Mango chutney (I use Major Grey's)
- Chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped scallions
- Crackers (photo shows Trader Joe's Savory Thin Mini Crackers)
- Spread about a ¼" (or thicker, if you'd like) of cream cheese on the bottom of your dish
- Spread a light layer of chutney over the cream cheese. (as if you are buttering a piece of toast - a little goes a long way!)
- Sprinkle some chopped peanuts and scallions over all
- Serve with crackers