The husband of a couple in our bible group made his own smoker. Out of it comes the most delicious brisket and he makes a great bbq sauce to go with it. I know what “burnt ends” are because of them. 🙂
While I can’t officially smoke a brisket yet, I do make it in the oven a few different ways and this is one of the embarrassingly easy ways how. Ready?
Place the brisket fat side up and all of the ingredients that go with it in a baking pan and bake it slow and low until it’s fork tender.
(What’s that yellow block sitting in the corner of the baking pan? It’s frozen lemon juice. Short story: Our lemon tree was overflowing with lemons so hubby took the time to juice 100+ lemons by hand for me to freeze. He’s really good to me.)
Cut the fat cap off the top then slice against the grain and serve with mashed potatoes.
What’s your favorite way to make oven brisket?
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Combine the teriyaki marinade, consomme, lemon juice, liquid smoke, garlic, and ketchup in a large baking dish.
- Place the brisket in the marinade, fat side up.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 275 degrees for 1½ hours per pound.
- Cut the fat cap off the top and slice against the grain when ready to serve.